Aunty Dana’s Op Shop is looking for volunteers
- Help to raise funds for important community work, including Gender Minorities Aotearoa, The Gender Centre, and community funding grants for other groups and prganisations that work to support takataapui, transgender, and intersex people
- Gain work experience and a great employment reference
- Work a 4 – 5 hour shift each week
- Be able to bring a friend along on their shift
- Have flexible duties – stock rotation, customer service, pricing, etc
- Develop customer service skills in a low stress environment
- Be part of an absolutely fantastic community
- Have their work clothing provided
- Be the first to see what amazing treasures come into the store
Volunteers must possess the following skills, experiences, or competencies
- Genuinely care about trans people, rainbow communities, and a fair society
- Ability to work well with others
- A friendly attitude
- Passion for community
- Happy to follow the code of conduct and non-discrimination policies
Shift times and duties
Volunteers can nominate a day of the week that they would like work, and either work on the morning shift (9.30am – 2pm) or the afternoon shift (1.30pm – 6pm) on weekdays. There are also Saturday shifts in the morning (9.30am –12noon) and afternoon (12noon – 3pm)
Duties include things like making up price tags, sorting and pricing clothes, keeping the shop tidy, serving customers, answering the phone, etc.
Aunty Dana’s Op Shop has a great comprehensive volunteers manual, excellent systems, and a fantastic manager to support volunteers.
Contact us to volunteer
You can get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or comment or message us on our Facebook page here.
”’The life and heart of community organising are the people, who work together for positive change in their communities. He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata he tangata he tangata.”